This interactive course is designed to strengthen managers’ leadership skills and develop an understanding of how to lead their teams effectively by employing influencing skills. The course will start by identifying the challenges of leading, rather than managing, and then move on to identify strategies for using influence to manage change, resolve problems and challenges within the team and communicate more influentially.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Evaluate your own influencing strengths and weaknesses and develop a plan for strengthening your skills
- Make a difference as an individual at any level in the organisation
- Establish credibility and maintain it over your career
- Operate across the organisation and across constituent groups with expertise and ease.
- Understand why some people in your organisation have more impact than others
- Navigate the informal side of an organisation in order to get things done and make change happen
- Identify and read politically- charged situations