This course is designed to give delegates an introduction to business finance. This will increase their impact on financial planning, budgeting and forecasting and allow them to contribute to their organisation's success by using financial concepts to make better business decisions.
The programme will explore the importance of financial information in business operations and management, and introduce delegates to key financial statements, the role of management accounting information in decision making and the central role of budgeting in the planning and control process.
This course also explains and develops tools and techniques which will enable delegates to understand the business from both a financial and strategic perspective, as well as how business decisions will impact on corporate profitability.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- To understand the role played by financial information in business operations
- To understand how key financial statements are constructed and interpreted
- To understand the key sources of management accounting information and its use in management decision making
- To be able to make short and long term decisions using financial and management accounting information.
- To understand of the budgeting process and it use in establishing management control