This course is designed to introduce delegates to accounting tools and techniques being used in modern business environments. It focusses on the growing role of the management accountant in making input into strategic decision to gain and maintain competitive advantage. It also explores how changes in environmental awareness are impacting on decision making and how this can be incorporated into accounting information. Different approaches to budgeting and control are explored as are approaches to performance management. Use of contemporary cases is a key feature of this course.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the concept of strategic management accounting and its application in a modern business environment
- Recognise the key tools used in strategic management accounting
- Appreciate the meaning and application of environmental management accounting and key tools used
- Utilise the concept of beyond budgeting and its application
- Implement customer profitability analysis to improve business performance
- Understand the meaning of advanced performance management and the development of appropriate performance metrics.