This programme is designed to identify the importance of financial reporting in business, while looking at the framework of accounting and financial reporting standards. Delegates will learn how to identify key accounting issues, and report them on financial statements.
This course will also explore the ways in which internal reporting contributes to; control of costs, revenues, investment, and financing, which is important in the identification and rectification of problems while making and implement profitable and value-adding decisions.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of accounting systems, and how transactions are recorded.
- Recognise key financial accounting issues and develop the capacity to report them using financial statements.
- Identify the role of accounting and financial reporting standards in the communication of financial results
- Appreciate why transparency in reporting of financial statements and management reports is essential.
- Appraise the structure and presentation of financial statements and annual reports.
- Interpret income statement and balance sheet accounts.