Advanced Project Management
29 Sep-01 Oct 20 (Online)
Course family: Online Training
Strategic Marketing Management
05-09 Oct 20 (London)
Course family: Marketing
Analysing Resources, Competencies and Strategic Capabilities
05-09 Oct 20 (London)
Course family: Management
Successful Project Management
This course is delivered as Online Training. Learn more about our approach.
Managing projects effectively is an essential tool for delivering change and achieving organisational goals.
This course has been designed to give you the knowledge and tools to effectively deliver projects; improving your project planning, communication, monitoring and evaluations skills to ensure effective and efficient project management.
Who should attend
This highly practical course is designed for Project planners, Team Leaders, senior managers, and all those who wish to drive their organisations through successful project management.
Introduction to project management
- The benefits of project management: why projects fail
- Using a project management framework to support effective delivery
- The business case: what it is and why is it important to the project?
- Scoping your project - developing agreed objectives
Planning for project success
- Ensuring risks are identified and actively managed
- Developing a project communication plan to enhance engagement
- Practical planning for an effective project plan
- Identifying dependencies
- How to produce realistic estimates (of time and cost)
- Key charts to help in the delivery of the project including Gantt, milestone and critical path analysis
Delivering and completing the project
- Monitoring and controlling the project
- Stakeholder management
- The project management delivery cycle
- Delivering and closing your project - Reviewing the project to ensure it delivers against the business case and project objectives
At the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the key benefits of using project management tools and techniques
- Effectively use a project management framework
- Develop project objectives and communicate these effectively
- Successfully identify and manage project stakeholders
- Develop an effective and deliverable project plan
- Monitor and control processes to support effective delivery of your project
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project
- Project Management