Modern Approaches to Management Accounting
This course can be customised to client requirements.
For fees and relevant details please contact Customer support email@example.com or call
+44 207 724 6007
This course is designed to introduce delegates to accounting tools and techniques being used in modern business environments. It focusses on the growing role of the management accountant in making input into strategic decision to gain and maintain competitive advantage. It also explores how changes in environmental awareness are impacting on decision making and how this can be incorporated into accounting information. Different approaches to budgeting and control are explored as are approaches to performance management. Use of contemporary cases is a key feature of this course.
This course is delivered as Online Training. Learn more about our approach.
Who should attend
This course is relevant to both senior financial and non-financial managers. For those financial managers with more than 10 years post qualification experience, this course will provide them with a valuable update on the use and application of contemporary accounting techniques. For non-financial managers this course introduces them to the potential of management accountancy to help drive business performance.
Online Course | £2500
Strategic management accounting
- Key concepts in strategic management accounting
- Using strategic management accounting to gain competitive advantage
- Case studies in strategic management accounting
Environmental Management Accounting
- Environment Management Accounting and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Tools used in Environmental Management Accounting
- Case studies in Environmental Management Accounting
- The restrictions of traditional budgeting
- Beyond Budgeting and its impact on management approach
- Case studies in Beyond Budgeting
Customer profitability analysis
- The concept of customer profitability analysis and its use in business
- Tools and techniques in customer profitability analysis
- Case studies in customer profitability analysis
Advanced perormance management
- The importance of effective performance management
- Tools used in advanced performance management
- Case studies in advanced performance management
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the concept of strategic management accounting and its application in a modern business environment
- Recognise the key tools used in strategic management accounting
- Appreciate the meaning and application of environmental management accounting and key tools used
- Utilise the concept of beyond budgeting and its application
- Implement customer profitability analysis to improve business performance
- Understand the meaning of advanced performance management and the development of appropriate performance metrics.
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Customer Profitability Analysis
- Environmental Management Accounting (EMA)
- Financial Performance Management
- Management Accounting