Level 5 Management and Leadership Award
Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
Gain the Level 5 Management and Leadership Award by attending this valuable and engaging 2 day course.
The Level 5 Management and Leadership Award aims to develop personal management capabilities, make effective use of information in decision-making, operations and the development of the skills in managing people.
LMC courses will provide you with the best chance of success first time.
The qualification is normally completed within 1-3 months, but learners have up to 3 years. The CMI recommended Total Unit Time (time this should be studied for) is 70 hours.
Who should attend
The qualifications are developed for middle managers, helping them to develop their skills and experience, improve performance and prepare for senior management responsibilities.
Time recommended before attempting assessment is up to 3 months.
This course will cover the programme outline of Unit 5012V1 – Being a leader
Managing Individuals and teams
- Describe the manager’s role in identifying performance
- issues in the team
- Describe how to evaluate individual and team
- performance and behaviours
- Identify the limits of responsibility for dealing with
- individual and team performance
- Identify the range of approaches available
Managing Performance and greivances
- Describe the different methods available in providing help and support in order to improve performance of an individual
- Explain how to conduct a performance counselling session for an individual
- Explain the importance of maintaining confidentiality
- Agree with a team member an action plan to address a performance issue
- Explain the range of support services available
- Explain how to ensure that the desired outcomes are achieved
- Explain the circumstances when disciplinary and grievance procedures may be invoked
- Explain the first line manager’s role in a disciplinary and grievance situation
- Identify why records of action plan achievements and actions taken are required
At the end of the course delegates will receive the CMI Award in Management and Leadership and be able to:
- Identify issues which affect performance
- Know how to select and apply the best course of action to address a performance issue
- Be able to take action to achieve the performance issue of an individual