Level 5 Coaching and Mentoring Award
Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
Gain the Level 5 Coaching and Mentoring Award by attending this valuable and engaging 2 day course.
The Level 5 Coaching and Mentoring Award aims to develop personal management capabilities, make effective use of information in decision-making, operations and the development of the skills in managing people.
LMC courses will provide you with the best chance of success first time.
The qualification is normally completed within 2 months, but learners have up to 3 years. The minimum number of guided learning hours is 40.
Who should attend
The Level 5 qualifications in Coaching & Mentoring are ideal for anyone seeking to develop their coaching and mentoring skills.
Time recommended before attempting assessment is up to 3 months
This course will cover the programme outline of Unit 5014 Introduction to managament coaching and mentoring
Introduction to Coaching
- Describe the purpose of coaching in human resources development
- Describe the role of mentoring in management
- Evaluate the difference between coaching and mentoring
- Evaluate the benefits of coaching in performance management
- Explain the role of coaching in team learning
Introduction to Mentoring
- Evaluate the benefits of mentoring in performance management
- Explain the role of mentoring in team learning
- Analyse the role of a manager as a coach
- Analyse the role of a manager as a mentor
- Explain how coaching and mentoring is linked to organisational objectives
At the end of the course delegates will receive the CMI Award in Coaching and Mentoring and be able to:
- Understand the concept and purpose of management coaching and mentoring
- Determine the use of management coaching as a tool in human resources development
- Determine the use of management mentoring as a tool in human resources development
- Understand the relationship between coaching and mentoring and organisational objectives