Introduction to Cybersecurity
Gain essential cybersecurity knowledge and skills.
This course looks at the world of Cybersecurity and the risks which can lead to a breach organisational defences and systems. It will demonstrate the necessity for organisations of all sizes to have a cybersecurity plan and an understanding of the risk to their operations. The course will provide you with an introduction to cybersecurity and the tools and techniques required to create a plan to address this threat.
The course is deliberately targeted at non-IT professionals so they can learn how other professions should take responsibility for cybersecurity issues.
Who should attend
This introduction level course will be of great value to senior staff looking to get an overview of cybersecurity and best practice. It is also designed for communications professionals working in marketing, PR and the Media.
Assessing and Understanding Cybersecurity in your Organisation
- The importance of cybersecurity
- Evaluating your organisation’s current approach to cybersecurity
- Attitude of the Board & your company's current cybersecurity company culture
- Best practice on cybersecurity
Cybersecurity Risk Assessment & Planning
- How to perform a cybersecurity risk assessment
- Potential mitigating actions
- How to write a cybersecurity plan for your organisation
- Building a diverse team
- Creativity and enterprise
Cybersecurity Communications Planning
- How to write a specific cybersecurity communications plan for your organisation
- Best communications practice on cybersecurity
- How to improve communications in your organisation
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Explain the core issues for cybersecurity for their organisation
- Develop a specific cybersecurity plan for their company
- Persuade other colleagues to be involved in helping with the cybersecurity plan
- Be aware of the risk posed by a cybersecurity breach
- Cybersecurity Risk Assessment
- Internal Communication
- Risk Management