Facing The Media
This course will consist of practical skills based sessions which will empower delegates to present to the media with confidence and presence. This course will enhance the key attributes required when delivering the organisation’s message in a confident and engaging manner while inspiring trust. Our dynamic and interactive approach will allow delegates to experience the challenges of facing journalists and TV interviews in a demanding and realistic environment, showing how to retain control and clarity while facing questions under pressure.
Who should attend
This highly practical and interactive course is designed for Senior Managers and Directors of Public Relations departments, and for all levels of staffs that are required to give media interviews to the television or printed press. This course will also be of particular interest to those responsible for briefing and advising corporate interviewees and for those required to field media enquiries.
London | £2075
Dubai | $2100
- Preparing for the TV interview; how to find out about your journalist, and how to prepare for difficult questions
- Identifying objectives and preparing the message - the importance of the ‘soundbite’ and key messages
- Being on camera
- Dealing with unexpected difficult questions and making the most of every answer
- Choosing your language and tone effectively
- Visuals, presentation and body language
- How to handle journalist enquiries
- Preparing for your press interview
- Key interview techniques
- Understanding what’s on and off the record in a press interview
- Each delegate will undertake practical TV interviews, which will be recorded, allowing you to review your own performance, which will be debriefed with personal feedback by your trainer.
- TV interviews will take place in a TV studio environment, replicating the hectic nature of the media world.
- Delegates will be given the opportunity to practice in a range of different interview styles and situations, including:
- Confrontational interviewer
- Crisis situation
- Panel interview
- International vs local
- Talk show
- Live and pre-recorded
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Prepare for successful media interviews
- Take control in interview situations
- Present with greater personal impact
- Address media issues and awkward questions with greater confidence