This engaging practical programme is designed to provide participants with the tools and skills to plan and deliver high quality events. Delegates will also understand the practicalities and challenges of delivering high-impact events.
Who should attend
This innovative and practical programme has been designed for anyone wanting to develop their event management skills, including, Marketing, Public Relations and Communications teams.
The foundations of event organisation
- Understanding the event brief and the objectives of the event
- Identifying critical factors to the event organisation – Who? Why? When? Where?
- Selecting and securing the key speakers, guests, exhibits and performers
- Using creativity to elevate your event
- Identifying your events team
Planning and organising the event
- Principles of project management
- Effective use of tools and techniques for project management
- Planning your itinerary and an activity schedule
- Selecting the best venue, layouts and creating the right appearance
- Planning event protocol requirements
- Choosing the guest list
- Cultural awareness and avoiding cross cultural pitfalls
Working with suppliers & third parties
- Identifying and planning your supplier requirements
- Which suppliers will you choose to engage with?
- Communicating effectively with suppliers and preparing event briefs
- Using assertiveness and effective negotiation techniques
- Planning and co-ordinating with suppliers, caterers and speakers
Managing event risk
- Applying the principles of Risk Management to event planning
- Assessing event risk
- Co-ordinating adequate event security, Health & Safety and securing the required permits
- Creating a contingency plan to mitigate risk
Managing the event
- Stage managing the event
- Co-ordinating event teams
- Protocol – dealing with diplomatic formality, precedence and etiquette
- Managing media at the event
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Successfully project manage your event
- Deliver effective events to meet and exceed you brief.
- Plan and organise memorable events
- Be prepared for all eventualities
- Obtain the desired results from 3rd parties
- Manage the risks associated with running an event
- Understand protocol and working with high-profile guests and speakers