Cybersecurity – Combating Cyber Threats
An organisation’s people have a key role to play in an effective cyber-security strategy, with many of the most basic attacks being avoidable by raising staff awareness on cyber risk.
Developing an effective cybersecurity culture depends on raising the levels of awareness and understanding of cyber risk and embedding ‘security-aware’ values and behaviours across your organisation.
This course is designed to equip delegates with an understanding of cyber threats within their organisation and to make them think carefully about their actions both during and outside working hours. It will also provide them with approaches to address incidents and how to prepare business continuity plans, should an event arise.
Who should attend
This insightful course will be of great value to senior staff looking to get an overview of cybersecurity and best practice. It is also designed for Communications Professionals working in marketing, PR and the Media.
London | £3900
Dubai | $4950
Fundamentals of cyber risk
- Introduction to cyber risk
- Assessing different types of cyber risk
- What are Appreciating the consequences of a cyber-attack
- Why is security everyone’s business?
- Disseminating and communicating across the organisation
Dealing with cyber security threats
- Creating organisations policies and procedures to protect assets
- Spotting malicious activity
- Identifying and mitigating problems with cyber-security
- Assessing and validating essential documents to monitor and administer cyber security threats
Organisational risk culture
- Defining a risk culture and its importance in cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity governance
- Cyber risk appetite and tolerance
- Roles and responsibilities organisationally
Third party threats
- Evaluating cyber risks from third party organisations
- Designing and implementing appropriate measures to limit risk
- Auditing third party arrangements
- Review and advise security measures
Incident management and business continuity planning
- Understanding the incident management process
- Approaches to business continuity planning
- Conducting business impact analysis
- Developing, testing and maintaining continuity plans
At the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand different types of cyber risks
- Demonstrate an awareness of staff responsibility to ensure cybersecurity precautions are taken
- Understand cyber culture within their organisation
- Manage cyber risk in third party organisations
- Manage cyber incidents and business operations