Coaching and Mentoring for Line Managers
This interactive course has been designed to provide delegates with a clear understanding of the dynamics occurring between people when they are working on a one-to-one basis. By introducing participants to a range of coaching and mentoring models and approaches, your personal management style will be transformed, delivering great benefit to your organisation.
Who should attend
This innovative and practical course has been designed for all managers or executives seeking to develop their coaching and mentoring skills at any level of business.
London | £3600
Dubai | $4400
An Introduction to Coaching and Mentoring
- Coaching and mentoring – what’s the difference and why do we need to know?
- What are the skills; knowledge; experience and behaviours needed to be an effective coach?
- Developing a coaching culture in your organisation
- How to set up and run a mentoring programme
Coaching and Mentoring Models
- Exploring models and practicalities - FUEL, OSKAR, PESOS
- The GROW model – introduction and practice
- Delegation skills – using coaching to develop others and build a stronger team
- Helping others set their SMART objectives
Identifying your Own Coaching Style
- Understanding learning styles and the spectrum of coaching methods
- Your role in coaching as a line manager
- What’s my management style and how can I become more of a coach? Situational Management
- Your skills, knowledge, experience, behaviours – focus on where you are now
Developing your Skills
- Understanding assertiveness and its role as a coach
- Effective communication through NLP
- Coaching question techniques
- Being an amazing listener – using all your senses to be the best coach
- Measuring performance and identifying gaps
- Having coaching conversations
- Identifying and resolving conflict between individuals
- Handling difficult situations and people
- Giving great feedback that enables others to learn and develop
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand what coaching and mentoring are and how these differ from other relationship-based interventions
- Develop and put into practice the key skills of coaching and mentoring.
- Explore different coaching and/or mentoring models
- Apply the principles of coaching to a range of relationships
- Recognise and address the ethical issues that may arise within a coaching or mentoring relationship
- Have more effective conversations with colleagues and team members
- Conflict Resolution
- Giving Constructive Feedback
- Performance Management