Level 3 First Line Management Award
Chartered Management Institute (CMI) (1 day Course)
Delegates who successfully complete this 1-day course and the required assessments will receive a CMI Level 3 Award in First Line Management. Taking this qualification will give you the skills to be more effective in your current role, develop your leadership capabilities, and will allow you to manage the performance of your team effectively. Your employer will benefit from more effective and efficient team performance.
Who should attend
The Level 3 qualifications in First Line Management are ideally suited to new or aspiring managers looking to develop their leadership and management skills. Delegates will usually be newly responsible for managing people or looking to progress into a role where this is required.
Time recommended before attempting assessment is up to 3 months.
This course will cover the programme outline of Unit 3008 Improving team performance
Understanding individual and team performance
- Describe the manager’s role in identifying performance issues in the team
- Describe how to evaluate individual and team performance and behaviours
- Identify the limits of responsibility for dealing with individual and team performance
- Identify the range of approaches available
- Describe the different methods available in providing help and support in order to improve performance of an individual
- Explain how to conduct a performance counselling session for an individual
- Explain the importance of maintaining confidentiality
- Agree with a team member an action plan to address a performance issue
- Explain the range of support services available
- Explain how to ensure that the desired outcomes are achieved
- Explain the circumstances when disciplinary and grievance procedures may be invoked
- Explain the first line manager’s role in a disciplinary and grievance situation
At the end of the course delegates will receive the CMI Award in First Line Management and be able to:
- Identify issues which affect performance
- Select and apply the best course of action to address a performance issue
- Take action to achieve the performance issue of an individual